If your symptom is, 'you have to point the remote control at the front of the STREAM+', then it is likely that the Bluetooth connection has failed. To reconnect the remote via Bluetooth, see FAQ, “My remote control only works if pointed directly at the Stream+”
To see all FAQ’s for the Stream+, click here.
If you are connecting your Stream+ to a Home Theater/AV Receiver with the HDMI cable, and you experience remote control issues, or apparent ‘phantom operation’, but then if you connect Stream+ directly to a TV it operates correctly, the issue may stem from an interaction with CEC signals. A CEC interaction with your TV could also create erratic remote control functions. Try the following instruction as a test. (Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a feature of HDMI designed to allow users to command and control devices connected through HDMI cables.
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Navigate down to Settings and select it.
- Navigate down to HDMI and select it.
- Turn off "HDMI CEC" and "CEC Volume Control" (The switch should be gray/white, not green.)
- Press the 'Home' button to exit 'Settings'.
- Now you can try testing your system again.
- You may need to disconnect the Stream+ from power.
- Reconnect power to the Stream+, then after it boots up, test remote operations again.
- You may need to try disabling the CEC feature in the AV Receiver as a test.
- You may need to try disabling the CEC feature in the TV as a test.
- Some manufacturers use a proprietary name instead of CEC in their menu. e.g. Sony calls it “Bravia Sync”.
Still a problem? Remote control Factory Reset.
- Press 'Home' and '0' keys on your remote for longer than 4 seconds. Red LED stays ON while pressing 'Home' and '0' keys.
- The remote blinks 3 times to confirm that it is deleting the existing pairing table and TV & Audio IR setting.
- When remote Factory Reset is completed, LED goes OFF and the remote works only in IR mode to command the Stream+, so you need to point the remote at the front of the Stream+.
- Now you need to 'Un-pair' the remote.
- Press 'Home' button>Settings>Channel Master Remote>Un-pair>OK. At this point the “Channel Master Remote” disappears from the menu.
- Press the Home button>Settings>Add accessories>Press the Home and OK buttons until the red light on the remote begins to blink. It is now in pairing mode. Keep it pointed at the front of the Stream+.
- Once you see 'Channel Master Remote' at the top of the page, select it with the OK button. This could take about ~20 to 90 seconds.
- On screen you'll see 'Connecting to Channel Master Remote'
- In a short time you'll briefly see "Paired" at the top/right of the screen.
- You'll see 'Channel Master Remote Connected' and it will once again be populated in the Settings Menu.
- It could take another few seconds to pair via Bluetooth and you could see ‘Connecting to
- ‘Channel Master Remote’ message again.
- You should now be able to command your Stream+ via Bluetooth.