'Pairing' your Stream+ remote to command the Stream+ via Bluetooth;
If you missed the remote control portion in the Setup Wizard, or if your 2) AAA, remote control batteries go dead, you'll need to 'pair' the remote to the Stream+ via BlueTooth.
Instructions to 'pair' the remote control to the Stream+ via Bluetooth;
- Point your remote at the Stream+ and press the Home button.
- Navigate down to 'Settings' and select it by pressing the 'OK' button.
- Navigate down to "Bluetooth" and select it.
- Make sure the 'switch' is Green. If not, press OK to turn Bluetooth on.
- Press the 'back' button on your remote.
- You'll now be back to "Settings" menu.
- Navigate down to "Add Accessory" and select it.
- It will start searching for Bluetooth devices/accessories.
- Press and hold, both the "Home" button, and the "OK" buttons on your remote.
- This places the remote in 'pairing mode' and the red light on the remote will begin blinking.
- You can let go of the two buttons when the red light on the remote stay's solid red.
- Keep the remote control close to the Stream+ until you see "Channel Master Remote" on the top/right of the screen.
- Point the remote at the Stream+ and press the OK button on the remote.
- Within a few moments it will say 'Pairing' under "Channel Master Remote".
- After a few more moments, it will say "Connecting".
- After a certain amount of time, (~10 to ~60 seconds.) it will say "Paired" under "Channel Master Remote" on the upper screen and 'Connected' on the bottom of the screen.
- You should now be able to control the Stream+ normally, without pointing the remote at the Stream+.
- Press the 'Home' button to exit the 'Settings Menu' and return to the home screen.