The DVR functions will not be available until you install a Storage device. (SD Card or External Hard Drive.)
We have been testing with multiple brands of high quality External Hard Drives. (EHD) 1TB and 2TB. At this time we have not found any to be incompatible. We also have not completed enough testing to make specific recommendations at this time.
You must use an External Hard Drive, (EHD) .5TB to 2TB, or a Micro SD card that is 64GB minimum, to 256GB as the maximum. The SD Card must also be UHS Speed Class 'U3'. (or higher/faster.)
- Press Home button on remote.
- Connect the EHD to the USB port, or insert the Micro SD card into the slot located on the rear, towards the bottom, left of the HDMI cable. (When facing the rear of the Stream+)
- When it is inserted all the way into the slot, you will feel a click. Then stop pressing on the SD card. It will come back out a small fraction of an inch. (To remove it, press it all the way in again and it will be released from the SD slot.)
- Once the storagedis physically installed, you'll see a screen, "SD card or USB connected"
- Highlight "Set up as OTA DVR storage", and press OK on the remote.
- The next screen is, "Format as OTA DVR storage". Move the highlight from 'cancel' to "Format" and press OK.
- The next screen will be, Formatting SD card/USB...
- You will briefly see 'SD card/USB EHD is formatted' at the bottom of the screen.
- It then takes you back to the Home Screen.
- To confirm that it is set up correctly, navigate down to "Settings" and select it with the OK button.
- Now navigate down from "Network", to "Storage and Reset", and select it.
- "Internal Shared Storage will be approximately 5GB.
- Below that, it will show the Storage Device name and the total remaining space for storage. If you are using a 128GB SD card, it should be approximately 117GB.
- If you are using a 1TB EHD, it would show ~.9TB.
If you change storage devices, you will need to follow the instructions, found here.
You can now press the "Guide" button on the remote and go to Live Channels and watch TV. You can press the pause button and Rewind button while watching live TV. After a rewind, you can also press the FF/Fast Forward button to go back to Live TV. You can also record now. Look at other FAQ's for details about 'Recording'.
Please note; ‘Live Channels’ is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for ‘Live Channels’ functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google.