The DVR functions will not be available until you install a Storage device. External Hard Drives are highly recommended!
Even though we expect most all External Hard Drives to work with the Stream+, there will always be exceptions. At this time there are only 15 models that we know have caused issues.
- Seagate GoFlex series.
- Seagate 2TB, SRD00F1 1K9AP6-502
- Seagate 2TB, STHN2000403 Backup Plus Slim
- Seagate 1TB, STHN2000400 Backup Plus Slim SRD0VN2
- Seagate 1TB STGX1000400
- Seagate 2TB STGX2000400
- Verbatim 2tb SNS2TB 2TB 'Store And Save' SNS ,
- Verbatim 1TB ST1000LM "Store and Go' SNG
- Toshiba 2TB, HDTB420XK3AA
- Toshiba 2 TB HDTW220XS3AA
- Toshiba 1TB (HDTC910XL3AA)
- Western Digital 2TB WDBU6Y0020BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBKUZ0020BBK
- Western Digital 4TB WDBKUZ0040BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBYVG0020BBK
- Western Digital 500GB WDBKXH5000ABK Password protection and hardware encryption, auto continuous backup.
We do have a substantial amount of experience with one External Hard Drive that works very well with the stream+. That is the Western Digital 1TB WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN.
You must use an External Hard Drive, (EHD) .5TB to 1TB, or a Micro SD card that is 64GB minimum, to 256GB as the maximum. The EHD should be 1TB USB 3.0. The SD Card must be UHS Speed Class 'U3'. (or higher/faster.) USB Flash Drives/Thumb Drives will not work with the Stream+ as storage.
Installing your storage device;
- Press the Home button on the remote or be watching a live TV program.
- Connect the External Hard Drive (EHD) to the USB port, or insert the Micro SD card into the slot located on the rear, towards the bottom, left of the HDMI cable. (When facing the rear of the Stream+)
- When a Micro SD Card is inserted all the way into the slot, you will feel a click. Then stop pressing on the SD card. It will come back out a small fraction of an inch. (To remove it, press it all the way in again and it will be released from the SD slot.)
- The side of the card with the manufacturers name, is the top.
- The thin end of the card is inserted into the slot.
- Once the storage is physically installed, you'll see a screen, "SD card" or "USB connected"
- Highlight "Set up as OTA DVR storage", and press OK on the remote.
- OTA = Over The Air (Antenna channels)
- The next screen is, "Format as OTA DVR storage". Move the highlight from 'cancel' to "Format" and press OK.
- The next screen will be, Formatting SD card/USB drive...
- You will briefly see 'SD card/USB drive is formatted' at the bottom of the screen.
- It then takes you back to the Home Screen.
- To confirm that it is set up correctly, navigate down to "Settings" and select it with the OK button.
- Now navigate down to "Storage and Reset", and select it.
- "Internal Shared Storage" will be approximately 5GB.
- Below that, it will show the Storage Device name and the total remaining space for storage.
- If you are using a 128GB SD card, it should be approximately 117GB.
- If you are using a 1TB EHD, it would show ~.9TB.
- Highlight your storage devices name and select it.
- Navigate all the way down to the bottom and you can see the available amount of storage.
Your Stream+ is now setup to operate as a DVR! You can now press the "Guide" button on the remote and go to Live Channels and watch TV. You can press the pause button and Rewind button while watching live TV. After a rewind, you can also press the FF/Fast Forward button to get back to Live TV. You can also record now. Look at other FAQ's for details about 'Recording'. To record a complete series;
Please note; ‘Live Channels’ is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for ‘Live Channels’ functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google. To send a message directly to Google, use this link. To Send Feedback directly to Google engineers, select this link.