The DVR functions will not be available until you install a Storage device. (External Hard Drive or SD Card.) External Hard Drives are highly recommended!
We have been testing with multiple brands of high quality External Hard Drives. (EHD) 1TB and 2TB. At this time we have not found any to be incompatible. We also have not completed enough testing to make specific model recommendations at this time.
You must use an External Hard Drive, (EHD) .5TB to 2TB, or a Micro SD card that is 64GB minimum, to 256GB as the maximum. The SD Card must also be UHS Speed Class 'U3'. (or higher/faster.)
Installing your storage device;
- Press the Home button on the remote or be watching a live TV program.
- Connect the External Hard Drive (EHD) to the USB port, or insert the Micro SD card into the slot located on the rear, towards the bottom, left of the HDMI cable. (When facing the rear of the Stream+)
- When a Micro SD Card is inserted all the way into the slot, you will feel a click. Then stop pressing on the SD card. It will come back out a small fraction of an inch. (To remove it, press it all the way in again and it will be released from the SD slot.)
- The side of the card with the manufacturers name, is the top.
- The thin end of the card is inserted into the slot.
- Once the storage is physically installed, you'll see a screen, "SD card or USB connected"
- Highlight "Set up as OTA DVR storage", and press OK on the remote.
- The next screen is, "Format as OTA DVR storage". Move the highlight from 'cancel' to "Format" and press OK.
- The next screen will be, Formatting SD card/USB drive...
- You will briefly see 'SD card/USB drive is formatted' at the bottom of the screen.
- It then takes you back to the Home Screen.
- To confirm that it is set up correctly, navigate down to "Settings" and select it with the OK button.
- Now navigate down to "Storage and Reset", and select it.
- "Internal Shared Storage" will be approximately 5GB.
- Below that, it will show the Storage Device name and the total remaining space for storage.
- If you are using a 128GB SD card, it should be approximately 117GB.
- If you are using a 1TB EHD, it would show ~.9TB.
- Highlight your storage devices name and select it.
- Navigate all the way down to the bottom and you can see the available amount of storage.
Note; If you change storage devices, you will need to follow the instructions, found here.
Your Stream+ is now setup to operate as a DVR! You can now press the "Guide" button on the remote and go to Live Channels and watch TV. You can press the pause button and Rewind button while watching live TV. After a rewind, you can also press the FF/Fast Forward button to get back to Live TV. You can also record now. Look at other FAQ's for details about 'Recording'. To record a complete series;
Please note; ‘Live Channels’ is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for ‘Live Channels’ functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google.