The Channel Master Simple Remote(CM-7000XRC) will work with Apple TV HD(A1625), Apple TV 4K 1st gen(A1842) and Apple TV 4K 2nd gen(A2169). The Simple Remote should be paired and ready to go right out of the packaging with any of these Apple TV models mentioned. If you are experiencing issues with the Simple Remote not controlling your Apple TV please check the following:
- Check and make sure that the front of your Apple TV is visible from where you are located in the room. If you have the Apple TV installed behind a TV or cabinet door, it may need to be relocated so that you can aim the simple remote directly at the front of the Apple TV.
- Please confirm that you have a fresh set of batteries installed in the remote, and you are getting a power light at the top of the Simple Remote with each button press.
- Confirm that your Apple TV is up to date with the latest tvOS software by going to Settings>System>Software Updates>Update Software.
- If you can see a power light at the top of the remote with each button press, but still not able to control your Apple TV via the Simple Remote, please try restarting your apple TV by going to Settings>System>Restart on your Apple TV. Once your Apple TV has fully restarted please again test the control functions on the Simple Remote.
- After restarting your Apple TV, if you can still see a power light at the top of the Simple Remote with each button press, but the Simple Remote is not controlling any commands on the Apple TV, please perform a remote Factory Reset by pressing the Menu and Stop buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds while holding the remote about 12 inches from the front of your Apple TV. The Simple Remote should now be reset to factory defaults. Once you have completed this step please test menu, up, down, left and right arrow buttons and confirm whether or not you're able to now control the Apple TV functions.
- If the remote Factory Reset did not resolve issues with your Simple Remote controlling your Apple TV, please try teaching the remote to control your Apple TV by going to Settings>Remotes and Devices>Learn Remote>Start and follow the on-screen instructions to teach the remote to control your Apple TV. Once you've completed the steps to teach the remote to control your Apple TV please test menu, up, down, left and right arrow buttons and confirm whether or not you're able to now control the Apple TV functions.
- If you are still unable to control your Apple TV via the Channel Master Simple Remote after completing steps 1-4 please complete a reset of the Apple TV by going to Settings>System>Reset>Reset and Update. This will restore your Apple TV to factory settings, erase all settings and information and update to the latest tvOS version.
Please contact Channel Master support if you continue to experience any further issues pairing your Simple Remote (CM-7000XRC) with an Apple TV 4th generation.