My remote control Power button does not turn my Stream+ and TV on/off simultaneously.
The Stream+ remote control can command the Stream+ while using the IR output at the end of the remote. You would need to point the remote at the Stream+ so it will receive the command from the remote.
You can program the Stream+ remote control to command/control your TV's Power and Volume. You can find that instruction here.
The Stream+ remote Power button works in a 'toggle' operation.
- Press and release the Power button and it can turn on the Stream+.
- Press is again and it can turn it off.
- Whenever the Power button is pressed, it will change the on or off state of the Stream+
- If the Stream+ is 'on', and you press the Power button, it will turn the Stream+ off.
- If the TV is off, and you press the Power button, it will turn the the TV on.
To get the TV and Stream+ back into sync, so they both turn On and Off simultaneously/in 'sync', use your TV remote control to turn the TV Power On or off, so it is in the same On or Off state as the Stream+.
Now when you press the Power button, the TV and Stream+ will both turn On or Off at the same time/simultaneously/in sync.