Internal Switch Functionality Explanation
- VHF Separate/Combined Input Switch
- Separate: When the switch is set to "Separate", the UHF port will pass only UHF signals and VHF port will pass only VHF signals.
- Combined: When the switch is set to "Combined", the UHF port will pass both VHF and UHF signals and the VHF port is disabled.
- H/L (High/Low) Switch
- H (High): When the switch is set to "H", the Amplify+ will be set in high gain mode which provides 26dB on UHF frequencies and 23dB on VHF frequencies. High gain mode is recommend for antenna Installations with very weak signals as a result of long cable runs to the TV, and/or signal splitters are used. (High gain setting should only be used by professionals who have equipment to measure and determine the amount of amplifier gain that is necessary. Too much gain/high signal levels, can actually cause more harm than good resulting in intermittent signal issues or complete signal loss.)
- L (Low): When the switch is set to "L", the Amplify+ will be set in low gain mode which provides 20dB on UHF frequencies and 16dB on VHF frequencies. Low gain mode is recommend for the majority of antenna installations. (For anyone without the equipment required to accurately determine the necessary amplifier gain, the "Low" setting will provide a sufficient amount of gain that will improve signal quality without having to worry about too much gain.)
Factory Switch Settings
- FM Trap In/Out switch: This switch is preset from the factory in the "IN" position.
- VHF Separate/Combined Input switch: This switch is preset from the factory in the "COMBINED" position.
- H/L (High/Low) switch: This switch is preset from the factory in the "Low" position.