There are two inputs on the Amplify+ CM-7778HD preamplifier. You can open the amplifier up by removing the 4 screws and lifting the In/Out panel out of the housing.
Please refer to your instruction guide to locate the correct switches, if you want to change operation selections.
- UHF input port signals in 'Separate' position.
- When 'Separate' is selected, the UHf port will pass UHF signals only.
- When 'Separate' is selected, the VHF port will pass VHF signals only.
- UHF input port signals in 'Combined' position.
- When 'Combined' is selected, the the UHF port will pass both VHF and UHF signals.
- When 'Combined' is selected, the VHF port is disabled.
- FM Trap ON/OFF switch
- If you have an FM transmitter near by, it can cause interference to channels 6 & 7. (If strong enough, it can affect others as well.)
- In the ON position, the FM trap will block the FM signals.
- In the OFF position, it will allow the FM signals to pass and be amplified.
- High/Low gain signals on output port.
- You have a choice of 17dB gain or 30dB gain.
- The 17dB setting is used for most installations.
- The 30 dB setting would only be used if you have all weak signals in your area and you have very long cable leads to multiple TV's.
- You want to use as little amplification as is possible.
- Too much gain/high signal levels can actually hurt your signals.