The CM-7004 ConverterBox has the ability to display up to 48 hours of guide data. Unfortunately, many TV station signals do not provide that much guide data. So, if you want to setup a recording and it is not shown in the CM-7004 program guide, it would appear that you cannot set that recording up.
Note; Make certain that the Date, Time, and Time Zone are setup correctly.
In fact, you can schedule a recording that is several days out.
- Turn on the CM-7004 and tune it to any channel.
- Press the record button on the remote. (black button with red circle)
- This brings up the "Create Recording" screen.
- Highlight the channel number and use the Left/Right arrows to select the channel.
- Navigate down to "Day" and use Left/Right arrows to choose the desired date.
- Continue to input the month, year, start/end time, choose how often you want to record it, and then the how long you want to keep it.
- Press the Green button on your remote to save those settings.
- Now press the 'Menu' button to choose 'DVR' and then the 'yellow' button to see what is scheduled. You should see that program there.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Solid State Drive or Flash), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB and must be formatted to FAT32. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox
There is 1 storage device that we currently highly recommend for the CM-7004. "Sandisk Extreme 500 series Model# SDSSDEXT-120G ". We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB after formatting to FAT32, has consistently provided the best results.
If you are using a powered antenna or powered antenna preamp in your system, there is a symptom that is becoming common. Symptom, 'I can only record while the TV is turned on.' It's becoming quite common for preamps to operate on 5vdc, and the amp/preamp arrives with a USB power cable. You have a choice to connect the USB power cable to the provided USB wall power adaptor, (Like a cell phone charger) or, you can connect the USB power cable to a USB port on your TV. If you have it connected to the TV USB port, the amp will lose power when you turn the TV off.
In the scenario above, if you have programs setup to record, and your TV is off, your DVR may get poor or no TV signal. Your recording could be of poor quality or no recording at all.
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital TV/display that does not have an ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.