If you want to change your Storage Device, there are a couple ways to do it, but the end process is always the same. Note; We highly recommend External Hard Drives!
If you have never installed a storage device in your Stream+, you can find the 'first time' instruction here.
If you would like to see a short instructional video about changing storage, you can find that here.
Eject your current storage;
If for any reason you need to remove the Storage Device from your Stream+, please perform the following steps. If you are using an External Hard Drive (EHD), use the same instructions as below, but substitute EHD for SD Card.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate down to "Settings" and select it.
- Navigate down to "Storage and Reset" and select it.
- Select your 'SD card' or 'USB Storage' name.
- Highlight the first choice, "Eject", and select it.
- Navigate down to "Eject" again and select.
- You'll see a screen saying that your SD card or USB storage has been removed, or "Not connected" select "OK" or press the "Home" button to exit the menu.
- If you were using an EHD, you can now physically disconnect the USB cable.
- You can now physically remove an SD Card by pressing gently on the card until you feel a click. Then release the pressure on the card. You can now remove the SD card.
Now install your new Storage Device.
- Note; After a substantial amount of testing the Stream+ with 1 Terabyte External Hard Drives (EHD's), and communicating with dozens of customers who are using new EHD's, we've concluded that using EHD's are reliable and more cost effective than SD Cards.
When changing to a different Micro SD card or External Hard Drive (EHD), you'll need to do the following before you'll be able to use the DVR features again.
- After you connect the new storage device, you'll see a screen 'USB drive/device name connected'.
- Select "Setup as OTA storage", then "Format".
- If it returns to the 'Home screen', navigate back down to "Settings">"Storage and reset".
- Now select/highlight the previous 'storage device name'.
- Highlight "Forget this device storage" and press OK.
- On the next screen select "Forget"
- Now, while still in the 'Storage and Reset' menu, select the new 'storage device name'.
- Select "Migrate data to this storage"
- Select "Move now".
- The change is now complete and press the "Home" button to exit the menu.
If you've missed the steps above, you can start over at any time.
- Press the "Home" button on the remote.
- Navigate down and select "Settings". Then select>Storage & Reset>Select your previous SD Card/EHD name>'Forget This Device Storage'>'Forget'.
- 'Storage is now Connected' may appear on the screen.
- Press the "Home" button on your Remote.
- Navigate down and select Settings>Storage and Reset>Select your new EHD/SD card>Migrate Data> "Move now".
- You should now be able to use the DVR functions with your new storage.
Please note; ‘Live Channels’ is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for ‘Live Channels’ functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google.