If you want to change your Storage Device, there are a couple ways to do it, but the end process is always the same. Note: We highly recommend an external hard drive with the Stream+
If you have never installed a storage device in your Stream+, you can find the first time instruction here.
If you would like to see a short instructional video about changing storage, you can find that here.
Eject your Current Storage
If for any reason you need to remove the storage device from your Stream+, please perform the following steps. If you are using an external hard drive(EHD), use the same instructions as below, but substitute EHD for SD Card.
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Navigate down to Settings and select it.
- Navigate down to Storage and Reset and select it.
- Select your SD card or USB storage name.
- Highlight the first choice Eject and select it.
- Navigate down to Eject again and select.
- You'll see a screen saying that your SD card or USB storage has been removed or Not connected select OK or press the Home button to exit the menu.
- If you were using an external hard drive, you can now physically disconnect the USB cable.
- You can now physically remove an SD Card by pressing gently on the card until you feel a click. Then release the pressure on the card, and you can now remove the SD card.
Now Install Your New Storage Device
- NOTE: After a substantial amount of testing the Stream+ with 1 TB external hard drives(EHD), and communicating with dozens of customers who are using external hard drives--We've concluded that using an external hard drive is more reliable and cost effective than using a Micro SD card.
When changing to a different micro SD card or external hard drive (EHD) you'll need to do the following before you'll be able to use the DVR features again.
- After you connect the new storage device you'll see a screen USB drive/device name connected.
- Select Setup as OTA storage, then select Format.
- If it returns to the Home screen, navigate back down to Settings>Storage and Reset.
- Now select/highlight the previous storage device name.
- Highlight Forget this Device Storage and press OK.
- On the next screen select Forget.
- Now, while still in the Storage and Reset menu select the new storage device name.
- Select Migrate Data to this Storage.
- Select Move now.
- The change is now complete and press the Home button to exit the menu.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate down to Settings>Storage & Reset>Select your previous SD Card/EHD name>Forget This Device Storage>Forget.
- Storage is now Connected may appear on the screen.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Settings>Storage and Reset>Select your new EHD/SD card>Migrate Data>Move now.
- You should now be able to use the DVR functions with your new storage.
NOTE: Live Channels is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for Live Channels functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google.