There are various reasons why your DVR+ might not be obeying commands from the CM-7500XRC2 remote control. The most common issue/symptom is, it was working fine until 'Pairing' it to control your TV. (See additional details below.)
My CM-7500XRC2 remote control worked fine until I tried to pair it to my TV. Clear all user presets and set to factory default configuration.
- Press and hold the Setup button until the Power button on the remote blinks 2 times, then release.
- Now press 9,8,0. The Power button should blink 4 times.
- Press and hold the Setup button until the Power button blinks 2 times, then release.
- Now press 9,7,7. The Power button should blink 4 times.
- Test the remote operation. If still no response, proceed to #6.
- Repeat step 4 and test. May take up to 4 times.
A bad External Hard Drive can cause your DVR+ to have a ‘lag’ before obeying commands, or, cause it to not obey commands at all.
A rather 'rare' reason for the remote control to stop commanding your DVR+ is caused by the External Hard Drive. (EHD) This issue usually begins with intermittent 'long lags' before it will obey commands. The lag can range from a few seconds to a few minutes! This issue may get progressively worse until finally, it appears that the DVR+ no longer obey's remote commands at all. If this is the case, you can test by following the instruction below.
- Unplug the DVR+ from power.
- Now physically disconnect the EHD from the DVR+.
- You can now reconnect the power to the DVR+ and allow it to boot up to live TV.
- Now test your remote commands without the EHD connected. If it still has long lag's, unplug the power from the DVR+ for a few moments and then plug the power back in.
- You now should have regained proper operation with remote commands.
- Now perform a Default Factory Reset
Default Factory Reset;
- Disconnect your External Hard Drive and WIFI adaptor prior to the Default Factory Reset. (If you are using one.)
- Please perform a Default factory reset by pressing Menu on your remote. Then select Settings>Factory Reset>Default Factory Reset.
- This will erase your personal settings, Series schedules, and Passwords.
- This will not erase your recordings.
- Follow the on screen prompts and allow it to boot-up to live TV.
- Test the remote control functions. It should operate normally.
- Now you can reinstall your External Hard Drive.
- If it operates normally, continue to use as is.
- If it goes back to long remote control lags or no remote control functions, you must suspect the External Hard Drive is going bad.
- If operating normally, you can reinstall your WIFI adaptor and begin using as normal.