Even though we expect most all External Hard Drives to work with the Stream+, there will always be exceptions. At this time there are only 14 models that we know have caused issues. As of 5/01/2020
- Seagate GoFlex series.
- Seagate 2TB, SRD00F1 1K9AP6-502
- Seagate 2TB, STHN2000403 Backup Plus Slim
- Seagate 1TB, STHN2000400 Backup Plus Slim SRD0VN2
- Seagate 1TB STGX1000400
- Seagate 2TB STGX2000400
- Verbatim 2tb SNS2TB 2TB 'Store And Save' SNS ,
- Verbatim 1TB ST1000LM "Store and Go' SNG
- Toshiba 2TB, HDTB420XK3AA
- Toshiba 2 TB HDTW220XS3AA
- Toshiba 1TB (HDTC910XL3AA)
- Western Digital 2TB WDBU6Y0020BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBKUZ0020BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBYVG0020BBK
We do have a substantial amount of experience with one External Hard Drive that works very well with the stream+. That is the Western Digital 1TB WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN.