If your CM-7004 remote control has stopped working, please consider the following.
- Every time you press a DVR button on the remote, the Power Off/On button should turn bright Red. If it does not, then try replacing the batteries. These batteries normally last about 1 year, depending on the battery quality and amount of use.
- Note; If your remote control blinks 5 times after button presses, this indicates that the batteries are low.
- Occasionally, after trying to 'Pair' the remote to your TV, the remote firmware could become corrupt. Please try the following.
- Clear all user presets and set to factory default configuration.
1. Press and hold the Setup button until it blinks 2 times, then release and press 980. The power button should now blink 4 times.
2. Press and hold the Setup button until it blinks 2 times, then release and press 977. The power button should now blink 4 times.
3. Test the remote operation. If no response, proceed to #4.
4. Repeat step 2 and test. May take up to 4 times.
- Try a power cycle. Pull the power from the CM-7004 for a few seconds, then plug the power back in.
- If you need a new remote control, you can find it here.