If for any reason you need to remove the Storage Device from your Stream+, please do the following.
If you are using an External Hard Drive (EHD), use the same instructions as below, but substitute EHD for SD Card.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate down to Settings and select.
- Navigate down to Storage and Reset and select.
- Select your SD card or USB Storage name.
- Highlight the first choice, 'Eject', and select.
- Navigate down to 'Eject' again and select.
- You'll see a screen saying that your SDcard or USB storage has been removed.
- You can now physically remove the SD Card by pressing gently on the card until you feel a click. Now release the pressure on the card. Or, just remove the USB Storage.
- It is now free to be removed.
- To reinstall the SD card, place it in the slot and gently push it in until you feel a click. Then release the pressure and the SD card will stay in the slot. Or, just reconnect the USB Storage.
- You will see a brief message saying 'SD Card reconnected', or USB Storage.
- To confirm that it installed correctly, start watching a program and then press Pause button. It should now have all of the DVR functions again. (Unless you tried a different SD Card while this first SD Card was ejected. If that is the case, see article, 'I cannot record after I changed my storage card.')
- If you are going to install a different storage device, you'll need to follow the instructions found here.