If you want to remove your current storage device, please follow the instructions below.
If you are using an External Hard Drive (EHD), use the same instructions as below, but substitute EHD for SD Card. Note; We highly recommend using an External Hard Drive!
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate down to Settings and select it.
- Navigate down to 'Storage and Reset' and select it.
- Select your SD card or USB Storage name.
- Highlight the first choice, 'Eject', and select it.
- Navigate down to 'Eject' again and select it.
- You'll see a screen saying that your SDcard or USB storage has been removed.
- You can now physically remove the SD Card by pressing gently on the card until you feel a click. Now release the pressure on the card and pull it out.
- If you are ejecting your External Hard Drive, you can now physically disconnect it.
- To reinstall the SD card, place it in the slot and gently push it in until you feel a click. Then release the pressure and the SD card will stay in the slot.
- Or, reconnect the USB Storage Device/drive.
- You will see a brief message saying 'SD Card reconnected', or 'USB Storage connected'.
- To confirm that it installed correctly, start watching a program and then press the 'Pause' button.
- Your Stream+ should now have all of the DVR functions again. (Unless you tried a different SD Card or EHD while this first SD Card was ejected. If that is the case, see article, 'I cannot record after I changed my storage card.')
- If you are going to install a different storage device, you'll need to follow the instructions found here. An instructional video is available here.