If you want to remove your current storage device, please follow the instructions below.
If you are using an External Hard Drive (EHD), use the same instructions as below, but substitute EHD for SD Card.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate down to Settings and select.
- Navigate down to Storage and Reset and select.
- Select your SD card or USB Storage name.
- Highlight the first choice, 'Eject', and select.
- Navigate down to 'Eject' again and select it.
- You'll see a screen saying that your SDcard or USB storage has been removed.
- You can now physically remove the SD Card by pressing gently on the card until you feel a click. Now release the pressure on the card. Or, just remove the USB Storage.
- It is now free to be removed.
- To reinstall the SD card, place it in the slot and gently push it in until you feel a click. Then release the pressure and the SD card will stay in the slot. Or, just reconnect the USB Storage.
- You will see a brief message saying 'SD Card reconnected', or USB Storage.
- To confirm that it installed correctly, start watching a program and then press Pause button. It should now have all of the DVR functions again. (Unless you tried a different SD Card or EHD while this first SD Card was ejected. If that is the case, see article, 'I cannot record after I changed my storage card.')
- If you are going to install a different storage device, you'll need to follow the instructions found here.