Have you tried more than one storage device? External Hard Drive? Another SD card? If yes, then you'll need to do the procedure at the link below.
If you have never installed a storage device into your Stream+, you'll find the instruction here.
If you've installed one Storage Device, then you should see the following.
- Press Home button.
- Navigate down to Settings and select it.
- Navigate down to Storage and Reset and select it.
- Do you see your Storage Device in this screen? If you do see your Storage Device on that screen, select it.
- Navigate to 'Eject' and select it.
- You'll see a screen 'Eject Device Storage. Your choices are Cancel or Eject. Choose Eject.
- You should see a screen '[your storage device name] Storage Device removed'. Then a quick message '... Storage Device is safely ejected'. Select OK.
- Now in 'Storage and Reset' category in the menu should also say '... Storage Device is safely ejected'.
- Physically remove your storage device.
- Now press 'Home' and then 'Guide' and watch a TV program.
- Physically connect/install your Storage Device. Within a few seconds you will briefly see a message, 'storage device reconnected'.
- Press OK while watching a live TV program and now you should see "Play Controls" just above 'Channels'.
- Select 'Play controls' and you should now be able to pause rewind, record, etc.
- You can also press the 'Pause' button on your remote control as a test.
- If you still cannot pause or record, then you should likely perform a Factory Reset.