If your Stream+ shuts off, when you have not pressed the Power button on the remote, that means that the Inactivity timer was activated. You can adjust that in the Settings menu.
The Stream+ can activate the 'Screen Saver' or 'Put the device to sleep/Standby', if there has been inactivity for a pre-set amount of time. (Inactivity = you have not used the remote control.) If you want to adjust that 'inactivity timer', follow the instruction below.
- Press the 'Home' button on your remote control.
- Navigate down to 'Settings' and press OK.
- Navigate down to 'Screen Saver' and press OK.
- There are 3 Inactivity settings you can change.
- You can select which Backdrop Screen Saver you prefer.
- You can select "When to Start" a Screen Saver and select the amount of 'inactivity time' prior to activating a Screen Saver. The Screen Saver can prevent some display types from a 'burn in' of a constant/static image. e.g. Plasma Displays, CRT TV's.
- There is a 3rd setting that you can use in conjunction with the 'Inactivity Timer'.
- If you select "Put Device To Sleep", you can set the Stream+ to go into 'standby' if you are away from your unit for a certain amount of time. Your scheduled recordings will be recorded while the Stream+ is in standby mode.
- The 'Standby' mode, is the same as if you pressed the Power button on your remote.