The Stream+ can go into 'Sleep' or 'Standby' mode automatically if you want to set that up.
Note; The Stream+ will only turn on the Screen Saver, or go to 'Sleep', if you first exit any "Live Channels" application. If you are watching live antenna TV, you must exit that mode by pressing the 'Back" button on your bemote. This will leave 'Live Channels' and return you to the "Home" screen.
- Press the 'Home' button on your remote control.
- Navigate down to 'Settings' and press OK.
- Navigate down to 'Screen Saver' and press OK.
- There are 3 settings you can change.
- You can select which Screen Saver you prefer.
- Choices are"Turn Screen Off". That is a blank black screen.
- "Backdrop", is various photographs.
- "Colors", is various colors, without a shape.
- You can select "When to Start" and select the amount of 'inactivity time' prior to activating a screen saver.
- The Screen Saver can prevent some display types from a 'burn in' of a constant/static image.
- If you select "Put Device To Sleep", you can set the Stream+ to go into 'Standby'.
- Choices range between '30 minutes' to '12 hours' of inactivity.
- Or, you can choose 'Never".
- Your scheduled recordings will be recorded while the Stream+ is in 'Standby' or 'Sleep' mode.
- The 'Standby' mode, is the same as if you pressed the Power button on your remote.