Channel Master does not support playing the recorded programs on your computer.
However, we've been told that if you download 'SMPlayer' to your computer, then you can play the BDAT files that are on your USB Storage.
Channel Master does not provide any support for this.
Warning; If you need to remove a USB flash storage drive from your CM-7004, it is critical that you do not just remove it without 'Ejecting' it in the CM-7004 menus. Failure to do so could cause damage to the CM-7004 or your USB flash drive. Eject instructions are below.
- WARNING; Never remove the USB Flash Drive without using the "Eject" feature.
- Press Menu on your remote. Navigate to 'Settings' and select it.
- Press the Yellow button to get to "User" settings.
- Navigate to 'USB' and select it. This will change it from 'Eject' to 'Not Connected'.
- You can now physically remove the USB Flash Drive.
- Before installing a different USB flash drive, or, re-installing a USB flash drive, complete a Factory Reset.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G " We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB has consistently provided the best results.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox.
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have an HD ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it will also record TV programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.
CM-7004 CM7004 7004