Channel Master does not provide support for playing the recorded programs on your computer.
However, we've been told that if you download 'SMPlayer' to your computer, then you can play the BDAT files that are on your USB Storage.
Warning; If you need to remove a USB flash storage drive from your CM-7004, it is critical that you do not just remove it without 'Ejecting' it in the CM-7004 menus. Failure to do so could cause damage to the CM-7004 or your USB flash drive. Eject instructions are below.
- WARNING; Never remove the USB Flash Drive without using the "Eject" feature.
- Press Menu on your remote. Navigate to 'Settings' and select it.
- Press the Yellow button to get to "User" settings.
- Navigate to 'USB' and select it. This will change it from 'Eject' to 'Not Connected'.
- You can now physically remove the USB Flash Drive or SSD.
- Before installing a different USB flash drive (that has been formatted to FAT32), or, re-installing a USB flash drive, complete a Factory Reset.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004. However, any USB storage device that uses SLC Flash and is formatted to FAT32 should work very well.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G " We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB has consistently provided the best results. It uses SLC Flash and is formatted to FAT32.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB that has been formatted to FAT32. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device, formatted to FAT32 in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox.
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have an HD ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it will also record TV programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.