Warning; If you have connected an External Hard Drive (EHD) to your CM-7004, please 'Eject' it immediately. Instructions are below.
Warning; If you need to remove a USB flash storage drive from your CM-7004, it is critical that you do not just remove it without 'Ejecting' it in the CM-7004 menus. Failure to do so could cause damage to the CM-7004 or your USB flash drive. Eject instructions are below.
- WARNING; Never remove the USB Flash Drive without using the "Eject" feature.
- Press Menu on your remote. Navigate to 'Settings' and select it.
- Press the Yellow button to get to "User" settings.
- Navigate to 'USB' and select it. This will change it from 'Eject' to 'Not Connected'.
- You can now physically remove the USB Flash Drive.
- Before installing a different USB flash drive, or, re-installing a USB flash drive, complete a Factory Reset. Instructions appear below.
If you've connected your USB flash drive to a computer, prior to installing the USB flash drive into the CM-7004, you'll likely need to format it to FAT32. Mac computers have that format available to do this. A PC does not have the ability to format or convert a 128GB USB flash drive to FAT32. There appear to be applications that you can download to format the USB drive to FAT32.
Also, if you want to use a USB Memory Stick for storage, after you've connected an EHD, you'll need to perform a Factory Reset of the CM-7004. You might also need to reformat the USB memory stick that you'd installed/inserted after the EHD was disconnected. (Format to FAT32, depending upon if you have a PC or Mac and which operating system you use.)
If you'd like to take your CM7004 back to the 'Default Factory Settings', the instructions are as follows.
Note; The process will take you through the 'Setup Wizard' which includes, 'Scanning Channels', Setting Time, and Time Zone, etc.
Note; If this is your first time connecting your CM7004, the opening screen will begin at step #6 with the 'Setup Wizard'. If not a 'first time setup', start on step #1.
- Remove any Storage that is connected to your CM-7004.
- Press 'Menu' button on your remote control.
- Navigate to 'Settings' and select it.
- Press the Green Button to make sure you are looking at 'System Setup'.
- Select 'System setup'> 'Factory Reset-Reset'
- Press the Green button to begin the Factory Reset.
- The screen will go black for a few seconds, then "Channel Master" logo will appear for a few seconds.
- You'll now see the 'Welcome' Wizard screen.
- Press the Green button to start the Channel Scan.
- Use the Left/Right arrows to select the Time Zone, press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- You can now change the settings for TV Connection by navigating left/right arrows, press the Green Button when you've made your choice.
- Use the Left/Right arrows to select the Video Output Resolution, press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- Use the Left/Right buttons to Enable/Disable 'Text To Speech', press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- You'll now see 'Setup Complete' and the progress of the Channel Scan. Wait for the Channel Scan to complete, confirm that the screen is showing the correct time, and then press the Green button on your remote to save your settings.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G " We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB has consistently provided the best results.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox.
Please note; The CM7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display, that does not have a Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has very limited Recording options.