You can set the CM-7004 to shut down automatically after 4hrs or 8hrs of inactivity.
- Press the Menu button and then go to 'System' Settings, then press the Green button.
- Use the OK/Select button to change the 'Power Saver' setting to 4 hours, 8 hours, or disabled.
- If you choose '4 hours', then it will automatically go into Standby after 4 hours of 'Inactivity'.
- Choose '8 hours' to go to Standby after 8 hours of inactivity.
- Choose 'Disabled' and it will never go into Standby mode.
- Now, press the Yellow button to get to 'User' Settings.
- Navigate to "Standby".
- Use the OK/Select button to change the 'Standby' setting to 'Active Standby' or 'Power off'.
- The 'Standby' Setting determines the 'state' of the CM7004 when it enters the 'Inactivity' mode.
- If you choose "Active Standby", it will enter 'Standby' mode after your CM-7004 has been 'inactive' for the selected '4 hours' or '8 hours' in step 2 above.
- If you choose "Power Off", it will enter 'Power Off' mode after your CM-7004 has been 'inactive' for the selected '4 hours' or '8 hours' in step 2 above. This state is the same as though you had pressed the power off button on the remote control.
Scheduled recordings while you are away.
If you have scheduled programs to record, it is important to select the proper settings above.
- If you have selected 4 or 8 hours in step #2 above, and you have selected 'Active Standby' in step #5 above, the CM-7004 will record any Scheduled Recordings that you have set up.
- If you choose "Power Off" in step 5 above, then it will not be able to record any Scheduled Recordings that you have set up.
Note; If you turn the CM-7004 power off with the remote control or the front panel button, your 'Scheduled Recordings' will not record.
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have a Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.