The DVR functions will not be available until you install a Storage device. External Hard Drives are highly recommended. We do have a substantial amount of experience with one External Hard Drive that works very well with the stream+. That is the Western Digital 1TB WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN. You must use an External Hard Drive .5TB to 1TB or a Micro SD card that is 64GB(minimum) to 256GB(maximum). The External Hard Drive should be 1TB and USB 3.0. The SD Card must be UHS Speed Class U3(or higher/faster).USB Flash Drives/Thumb Drives will not work with the Stream+ as storage. Even though we expect most all External Hard Drives to work with the Stream+, there will always be exceptions. At this time there are only 15 models that we know have caused issues:
- Seagate GoFlex series.
- Seagate 2TB, SRD00F1 1K9AP6-502
- Seagate 2TB, STHN2000403 Backup Plus Slim
- Seagate 1TB, STHN2000400 Backup Plus Slim SRD0VN2
- Seagate 1TB STGX1000400
- Seagate 2TB STGX2000400
- Verbatim 2tb SNS2TB 2TB 'Store And Save' SNS ,
- Verbatim 1TB ST1000LM "Store and Go' SNG
- Toshiba 2TB, HDTB420XK3AA
- Toshiba 2 TB HDTW220XS3AA
- Toshiba 1TB (HDTC910XL3AA)
- Western Digital 2TB WDBU6Y0020BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBKUZ0020BBK
- Western Digital 4TB WDBKUZ0040BBK
- Western Digital 2TB WDBYVG0020BBK
- Western Digital 500GB WDBKXH5000ABK Password protection and hardware encryption, auto continuous backup.
NOTE: Live Channels is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for Live Channels functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google. To send a message directly to Google, use this link. To Send Feedback directly to Google engineers, select this link.