When you are watching live TV through your CM-7004, you can use the DVR control buttons. e.g. Pause, FF, Rew, etc.
- You must have proper Storage media installed in your CM-7004. e.g. 128GB USB flash drive that has been formatted to FAT32.
- You must enable "Time Shift" in the menu.
- Press 'menu' on your remote control.
- Now select 'settings'.
- Press the Yellow button.
- Navigate down to "Time Shift".
- Use the right/left navigation arrows to change from 'Disabled' to 'Enabled'.
- Press the Green button on the remote to save that setting.
- You must 'Pause' the live program to begin to utilize the DVR functions.
- If you pause for a certain amount of time, then Fast Forward to 'live TV', the DVR functions will be disabled. The program is no longer in the buffer. You'll need to pause 'live TV' again to get the DVR functions re-enabled.
- Now, you can only rewind back to the point of this new pause.
- You can only Rewind back to the point in the program where you had first 'paused' the program.
- You cannot use the DVR functions while you are recording a program.
You can use the DVR buttons when you are playing a 'recorded program'.
The buttons function as indicated on the remote control 'DVR buttons'. e.g. Pause, FF, REW, Play, Stop. It also has Skip Forward and Skip Backward buttons. (The 'Skip' button looks like a curved arrow) Each time you press one of the Skip buttons, it will skip 30 seconds of the recording.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004. (However, any USB drive that uses 'SLC Flash' should work very well once it is formatted to FAT32.)
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G "We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB that has been formatted to FAT32 has consistently provided the best results.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB that has been formatted to FAT32. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have an HD ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.