- While watching a program 'Already In Progress', press and release the 'Record' button on your remote control. (It is the black button with a red dot)
- The "Create Recording" screen will appear.
- Now you can set the Day, Month, Year, Start time, Stop time, etc.
- Note; You must adjust the 'Stop' time, or it will record into the 'next' time slot. You will be unable to record another program, on any channel, in that 'next' time slot, if you do not correct the 'Stop' time for the recording in the previous time slot.
- Press and release the Green button to save.
- Now you can check to see if it is indeed recording. Press the 'DVR' button, then the Yellow button to see the recordings that are scheduled.
- If it is recording, there will be a Red Recording ball, just to the left of the title.
- If you see a Red Circle with a Red Line through it, then it is not recording.
- Exit the Menu and watch the program live.
- Press the Red Record button on your remote.
- Choose "Edit" and check to see if all info is correct. e.g. Start/Stop time, correct day etc.
- press the Green button to confirm the edit. Press it even if you do not see anything wrong.
- Your Recording should start.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G "We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB has consistently provided the best results.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display, that does not have a Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.