- Have the CM7004 displaying a live TV program. No menu's are open.
- Insert your USB Flash Drive, (or SSD storage) up to 128GB maximum. Formatted to FAT32.
- You will see the 'Setup In Progress. Do not remove USB or power off' dialog box on screen. It will likely appear to 'stall' when it is at about 50%, and then at about 90%. This could take a few minutes to complete. This is normal.
- Once completes 'Initializing' the storage, "Setup complete. DVR is ready" you can return to Live TV.
- If you want to use the DVR functions on live TV, (e.g. Pause, Play, Record, etc.) you must enable "Time Shift". Menu>Settings>Yellow Button>Time Shift.
- WARNING; Never remove the USB Flash Drive without using the "Eject" feature.
- Press Menu on your remote. Navigate to 'Settings' and select it.
- Press the Yellow button to get to "User" settings.
- Navigate to 'USB' and select it. This will change it from 'Eject' to 'Not Connected'.
- You can now physically remove the USB Flash Drive.
- Before installing a different USB flash drive, or, re-installing a USB flash drive, complete a Factory Reset. (See the Factory Reset FAQ)
- When the USB flash drive is installed. If it the first time that you've used this USB flash drive in the CM-7004, you will see a box on screen "!Setup in progress". It will likely appear to 'stall' when it is at about 50%, and then at about 90%. This could take a few minutes to complete. This is normal.
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or, a Digital display that does not have an HD ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.