If you are not certain if the program you scheduled to record, is actually recording;
- Press and release the DVR button on your remote.
- Press and release the Yellow Button.
- All of the programs that are scheduled to record will be listed.
- If the program is being Recorded, you will see a Red Ball just to the left of that title.
- If, instead of the Red Ball, you see a Red Circle with a Red line across it, that indicates that it cannot be recorded. This could be because of a conflict with another program scheduled to be recorded, running out of recording space, incorrect settings when setting up the recording, storage is removed or not communicating correctly with the CM-7004, etc.
Confirm that the Time, Date, and Time Zone are setup correctly.
Please note; The CM7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have an HD ATSC Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record TV programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004. However, any USB storage device that uses SLC Flash and is formatted to FAT32 should work very well.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G " We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB, after it's formatted to FAT32, has consistently provided the best results. It uses SLC Flash.
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB and must be formatted to FAT32. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox.