- Press and release the Guide button on the Remote Control.
- Use the Navigation Arrows to move to/highlight the program that you want to record.
- Press and release the Select/OK button.
- A box opens, titled "Create Recording.
- Now you can set the Start Time, End Time, repeat/series, Keep until.
- Highlight the setting, then use the Left/Right arrows to adjust that setting.
- Now press the Green button to Save. (Or Yellow to Cancel.)
- To confirm the recording is scheduled, press and release the DVR button.
- Press the Yellow button to see the Schedule.
- Highlight the Program Title (Move the box to surround that Program Title.)
- You'll see a Red oval with dark stripe, just to the right of the record time.
- When it begins to record, a Red Ball will appear just to the left of the Program Title.
There is 1 storage device that we currently recommend for the CM-7004. However, any USB storage drive that uses SLC Flash should work very well.
"Sandisk Extreme 500 series. Model# SDSSDEXT-120G "We have tested a number of Solid State storage devices. The Sandisk Extreme 500, 120GB has consistently provided the best results. (It uses SLC Flash.)
*Enabling basic recording capability requires a USB drive (Flash or Solid State), minimum 16GB and maximum 128GB. IMPORTANT: The USB drive must be a new, first-time use device in order to be properly formatted for use with ConverterBox
Please note; The CM-7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display that does not have a Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.