If you'd like to take your CM7004 back to the 'Default Factory Settings', the instructions are as follows.
Note; The process will take you through the 'Setup Wizard' which includes, 'Scanning Channels', Setting Time, and Time Zone, etc.
Note; If this is your first time connecting your CM7004, the opening screen will begin at step #6 with the 'Setup Wizard'. If not a 'first time setup', start on step #1.
- Press 'Menu' button on your remote control.
- Select 'Settings'
- Press the Green Button.
- Select 'System setup'> 'Factory Reset'
- Press the Green button to begin the Factory Reset.
- The screen will go black for a few seconds, then "Channel Master" logo will appear for a few seconds.
- You'll now see the 'Welcome' Wizard screen.
- Press the Green button to start the Channel Scan.
- Use the Left/Right arrows to select the Time Zone, press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- You can now change the settings for TV Connection by navigating left/right arrows, press the Green Button when you've made your choice.
- Use the Left/Right arrows to select the Video Output Resolution, press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- Use the Left/Right buttons to Enable/Disable 'Text To Speech', press the Green button to confirm/continue.
- You'll now see 'Setup Complete' and the progress of the Channel Scan. Wait for the Channel Scan to complete and then press the Green button on your remote to save your settings.
Please note; The CM7004 has been designed as a Digital signal to Analog signal converter. Primarily the CM7004 is used to accommodate older Analog TV's that do not have an HD ATSC tuner, or a Digital display, that does not have a Tuner installed.
Secondary to that, it also will record programs. This is an economy set top box and has limited Recording options.