Turning On the Closed Caption Service for OTA/Antenna channels
- While watching the program press the OK button.
- Navigate down to TV Options and press the OK button.
- Navigate down to Customize Formatting and press OK.
- The first choice is Display, press OK to select it.
- Press the OK button and the switch icon will move and turn green. The closed caption(CC) function is now enabled.
- On this screen you can also change the settings for the look and feel, language, etc. of your closed captioning.
- When you are finished, press the back button on your remote. It will return to your program and your settings will be saved.
- Please keep in mind that not all channels and programs have closed captioning available.
How to Enable the CC for Recorded Programs
- Start playing the recorded program.
- Press the OK button on the remote.
- *** Under the control banner, you'll see a CC icon***
- Navigate down to that CC and press the OK button.
- Your choices should be off and Closed Caption 1(Unless you have previously selected a different custom CC service).
- Navigate down to closed caption 1 and select it.
- Press the back button to exit that screen.
- Within a few seconds, you should see the CC box.
****If there is no CC under the Control Banner When Watching a Recorded Program, then it was not Broadcast with the CC Data.
NOTE: Also, in case you are wondering--you do not need to have CC enabled while you are recording the program. The CC data is recorded along with everything in the original transport stream from the transmitter tower.
To Turn the Closed Captioning (CC) Off
- Once the CC has been turned on you can turn the CC off by pressing the OK button while watching an over the air Antenna program.
- Then go down to TV Options.
- Select the Closed Captions tile.
- Navigate to OFF and select it.
- You will no longer see the CC information on your screen.
If you Want to Disable CC for all Live Channels and Over The Air TV Programming
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Navigate down to Settings and select it.
- Navigate down to Accessibility and select it.
- Navigate down to Captions and select it.
- Navigate to Display and select it.
- Each time you press the OK button, the switch on the screen will turn off/on.
- On = Green circle to the right.
- Off = Gray circle to the left.