If you are having issues getting your new CM7500/DVR+ to display on the TV screen, or, are connecting your DVR+ to a different or new 4k TV, you may need to update the software.
This issue typically appears immediately after connecting your DVR+ to a new 4K TV (Typically Vizio and Samsung models).
Symptoms of this issue;
- When connecting a new DVR+ to a 4K TV, you get a blank screen or 'No Signal' on your screen.
- You experience no response to the remote control.
- If the DVR+ has already been set-up and working on another TV, but are upgrading to a new 4K TV, you get a blank screen or 'No Signal' on your screen.
- You may be able to see live TV and change channels, but are unable to see any of the on-screen menus such as the Guide, Menu, and DVR screens.
We have implemented a fix that resolves these issues in our 132R version of software. (and higher) If this is a new purchase, it is still possible that you could experience these issues because there is no a guarantee that the unit you received has the newest software installed. We release software frequently so not all DVR+ receivers will come with the newest software.
Here are the instructions for updating your software if you are experiencing this issue.
Options for customers with new DVR+ and/or 4K TV:
- Option 1: Install the DVR+ on a 'non-4K' TV and complete the set-up wizard and connection to the internet.
- After the DVR+ is connected to the internet, go to Menu>Settings>Technical Info>Software Update>Check for download. If new software is available, the DVR+ will download and install.
- Once the new software update is complete, you can now re-connect the DVR+ to your 4K TV and it will display on your screen properly.
- It is recommended that you do a factory reset once the DVR+ is connected in its permanent location. To perform a factory reset, go to Menu>Settings>Factory Reset>Default Factory Reset.
- Option 2: Connect the DVR+ to a 'non 4k TV'. Install the new software on the DVR+ using a USB flash drive. 4GB to 8GB is recommended USB flash drive size.
- WIFI adaptor, Ethernet cable, and External Hard Drive must be disconnected prior to updating software.
- To install the software via a USB flash drive you will need to download the software file from our website, place it on a USB flash drive and perform a 'Basic USB Update' on the DVR+.
- The software file must be the only file or folder on the USB flash drive.
- Basic USB Update; While watching live TV, insert the USB Flash Drive into one of the empty USB ports.
- You will see instructions on your TV when the USB Flash Drive is detected.
- In some cases, the USB Flash Drive appears to be incompatible and update fails. For instructions and video on how to do a Forced Software Update, CLICK HERE.
- NOTE; If you only have a 4k TV, then the 'Forced Software Update' is your only option.
- After the software update is completed you can connect it to your 4k TV.