If you are having issues getting your DVR+ (CM-7500) to display on the TV screen or are connecting your DVR+ to a different/new 4k TV, you may need to update the software.
This issue typically appears immediately after connecting your DVR+ to a new 4K style TV (Typically Vizio and Samsung models).
Symptoms of this issue
- When connecting a new DVR+ to a 4K TV, you get a blank screen or 'No Signal' on your screen.
- You experience no response to the remote control.
- If the DVR+ has already been set-up and working on another TV, but are upgrading to a new 4K TV, you get a blank screen or 'No Signal' on your screen.
- You may be able to see live TV and change channels, but are unable to see any of the on-screen menus such as the Guide, Menu, and DVR screens.
How to update your DVR+ to the latest firmware:
- Option 1: Connect the DVR+ to a non 4k TV. Install the latest software on the DVR+ using a USB flash drive(4GB to 8GB is recommended USB flash drive size).
- WIFI adaptor, Ethernet cable, and External Hard Drive must be disconnected prior to updating software.
- To install the software via a USB flash drive you will need to download the software file 135r and place it on a USB flash drive and perform a manual software update on the DVR+.
- The software file must be the only file or folder on the USB flash drive.
- While viewing live TV, insert the USB Flash Drive into one of the empty USB ports.
- You will see instructions on your TV when the USB Flash Drive is detected.
- In some cases, the USB Flash Drive appears to be incompatible and update fails.
- Option 2: If you no longer have a 4k TV, you can complete the forced software update(video instructions)
- If you have an external hard drive and/or a WIFI adaptor connected, physically disconnect them prior to updating.
- Insert an empty USB flash drive/thumb drive into your computer USB port, and download 135r to that USB flash drive.
- Remove the DVR+ power adapter, any external hard drives attached currently and USB Wi-Fi adapter if attached.
- Connect the USB flash drive that is loaded with 135r to the back of your DVR+.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR+, the plug the power back in while continuing to hold the power button and wait until you see the lights on the front of your DVR+ go red to blue to red and then off. Once the light goes out, wait until you see the TV screen go solid grey and then you can let go of the power button.
- Next you'll see a screen will appear that shows you the progress of the download to your DVR+.
- When the download is completed, the DVR+ will reboot.
- When it has completed turning on/booting, you can remove the USB flash drive.
- Now you can go ahead and reconnect your external hard drive and USB Wi-Fi adapter one at a time and enjoy.