Force an update with a USB Drive.
Occasionally we find that a Forced Update/Reload of the software is needed instead of just an update. Like any computer, a file may become corrupt for some unknown reason. We’ve outlined the steps below.
For added clarity, you can watch the instructional video below.
- Click Manual Software Update and follow the instructions.
- Insert an empty USB Flash Drive/Thumb Drive into your computer USB port.
- Download the software to your computer and then to your empty USB Drive
- Eject the drive.
Next, to the DVR+
- The power adapter to the DVR+ is plugged in.
- Remove the external hard drive if you have one connected.
- Remove the WIFI adaptor, if you have one connected.
- Disconnect the Ethernet connector if being used.
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on the DVR+
- Unplug the power from the DVR.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR+.
- Plug the power back in while continuing to hold the power button
- Wait until you see the lights on the front panel go from red to blue to red and then off.
- Once the lights go off, let go of the power button
- Wait for the DVR+ Flash Screen to appear on your display.
- Then immediately press the power button and hold it in 2 seconds and release.
- A gray screen will appear.
- Then a screen will appear that shows you the progress of the download to your DVR+/
- When the download is completed, the DVR+ will reboot.
- When it has completed turning on/booting, you can remove the USB Flash Drive.
- Now, if you have a wireless adaptor, you can plug that into a USB port.
- Follow the prompts for the wireless setup.
- If you are using Ethernet connection to your internet, you can plug that in now.
- Follow the prompts for the wired setup
- If you have an external hard drive/storage device, you can plug that in now.
- Follow the prompts for completing the setup.
- You should now be ready to enjoy your DVR+