Occasionally we find that a Forced Update/Reload of the software is needed instead of just an update. Like any computer, a file may become corrupt for some unknown reason. We’ve outlined the steps below.
For added clarity, you can watch the instructional video below.
- If you have an external hard drive and/or a Wi-Fi adaptor connected, physically disconnect them prior to updating.
- Insert an empty USB flash drive/thumb drive into your computer USB port.
- Please download the firmware 135r.
- Download the software to your computer and then to your empty USB drive, eject the drive from your computer.
- The power adapter to the DVR+ is plugged in.
- Remove the external hard drive if you have one connected.
- Remove the Wi-Fi adaptor, if you have one connected.
- Disconnect the Ethernet connector if being used.
- Unplug the power from the DVR.
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on the DVR+.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR+.
- Plug the power back in while continuing to hold the power button.
- Wait until you see the lights on the front panel go from red to blue to red and then off.
- Once the lights go off, let go of the power button.
- Wait for the DVR+ splash screen to appear on your display.
- Then immediately press the power button and hold it in 3-5 seconds and release.
- A gray screen will appear.
- Then a screen will appear that shows you the progress of the download to your DVR+.
- When the download is completed, the DVR+ will reboot.
- When it has completed turning on/booting you can then remove the USB flash drive.
- If you have a wireless adaptor, you can plug that into a USB port.
- Follow the prompts for the wireless setup.
- If you are using Ethernet connection to your internet, you can plug that in now.
- Follow the prompts for the wired setup.
- If you have an external hard drive/storage device, you can plug that in now.
- Follow the prompts for completing the setup.
- You should now be ready to enjoy your DVR+.
- Although not always needed, a default factory reset is recommended.
- Default Factory Reset:
1. Please disconnect your external hard drive and Wi-Fi adaptor prior to the default factory reset(If you are using one).
2. Please perform a default factory reset by pressing menu on your remote. Then select Settings>Factory Reset>Default Factory Reset.
a. This will erase your personal settings, series schedules and passwords.
b. This will not erase your recordings.
c. Follow the on screen prompts and allow it to boot-up to live TV.
3. Now you can reinstall your external hard drive.
a. Now you can reinstall your Wi-Fi adaptor.
4. Begin using as normal.