Occasionally we find that a Forced Update/Reload of the software is needed instead of just an update. Like any computer, a file may become corrupt for some unknown reason. We’ve outlined the steps below.
- Insert an empty 2-8gb max USB flash/thumb drive into your computer's USB port.
- Please download the firmware 135r onto your computer.
- Now transfer the 135r download file to the empty USB flash/thumb drive, and then eject the drive from your computer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of your DVR+.
- Remove the external hard drive(if you're using one).
- Remove the Wi-Fi adaptor or Ethernet connector(which ever you're currently using).
- Plug the USB flash/thumb drive into a USB port on the DVR+.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR+.
- Plug the power back in while continuing to hold the power button on the front of the DVR+. You'll see the light on the front panel go from red to blue to red, then you can let go of the power button.
- Look up at your TV screen, and once you see the DVR+ splash screen appear immediately press the power button and hold it in until you see a solid grey screen appear(about 7-10 seconds) and then you can release the power button.
- After a few seconds the grey screen will change to a different screen that shows you the progress of the software download to your DVR+.
- When the software download is complete, the DVR+ will reboot on it's own.
- When it has completed turning on/booting you can then remove the USB flash drive.
- Next, you'll need to complete a Default Factory Reset:
1. Please leave your external hard drive and Wi-Fi adaptor/Ethernet connector disconnected(if using either one).
2. Please perform a default factory reset by going to: Settings>Factory Reset>Default Factory Reset.
a. This will erase your personal settings, series schedules and passwords, but will NOT erase your recordings.
c. Follow the on screen prompts to setup your DVR+, and when you are prompted for the zip code please enter your current/correct zip code, and complete the rest of the setup wizard to boot-up to live TV.
3. Now you can reinstall your external hard drive(if you're using one).
a. Now you can reinstall your Wi-Fi adaptor/Ethernet Connector(which ever you're using).
4. Begin using as normal.