Changing remote control address on a Channel Master DVR+ (CM-7500) if you have 2 DVR+ units in close proximity. You'll need at least one of these reprogram/pair the original flat/thin remote for a different command address (CM-7500XRC).
You CANNOT program the new style/hour glass shaped remote for a different command address (CM-7500XRC2).
1. Make certain that only the DVR+ (CM-7500) that you want to change the remote code on, can receive these commands from the remote by removing power from the 2nd or cover the IR receiver(IR Receiver is front center on the DVR+).
a. NOTE: The IR signal can go through fabric, so if you have not removed the power from it, cover the front of the 2nd unit with something solid or multi layers of a towel, etc.
b. You must follow the programing sequence exactly, or it will fail.
c. If you accidently hit a wrong button, the reprogramming will not work and you must start over at the beginning.
d. You must hold and operate the remote within about 12" from the IR receiver on the front panel on the DVR+ while changing the codes.
e. If you are in a brightly lit room, or if sun is shining into the room, you may have to get the remote very close to the front-center of the DVR+ (CM-7500) for the communication to complete.
2. Hold down the page up and page down remote buttons simultaneously until the remote control power button turns/stays solid red.
3. While the power button is still red, input a new remote code number by pushing 3 numbers on the keypad. Default is 001, so change it to 002 or 003 for your 2nd DVR+(Be certain to hold the remote control within about 12" from the front of the DVR+).
4. After you input the new 3 number code (e.g. 002) the power button will blink twice.
5. Next, you must pair the remote to the 1st DVR+ (CM-7500).
6. While within ~12” of the front panel, pointing the remote at the (1st) DVR+ that you want to control with this remote, press page up and OK simultaneously until the power button blinks red twice.
7. If you are in a brightly lit room, or if sun is shining into the room, you may have to get the remote very close to the front center of the DVR+ (CM-7500) for the communication to complete.
8. The remote should now control this DVR+.
9. To confirm that the code has been changed, try using the other remote control that will be used with the 2nd DVR+. The 2nd remote should no longer control the 1st DVR+.
11. If you had removed the power from the 2nd DVR+ (CM-7500) you can now reapply the power to it and wait for it to finish rebooting.
12. You should now have individual control over your 2 DVR+’s (CM-7500).