Installing the WIFI adapter to your DVR+.
- Disconnect the DVR+ power cord for a 10-15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord and allow the DVR+ to boot back up to live TV.
- With no on screen menus up, connect the Wi-Fi adapter to the back of your DVR+.
- Follow on screen prompts and instructions to connect your DVR+ to your in-home network.
- You will need to have your in-home Wi-Fi password ready during the process if this is the first time setup.
If this is a first time setup, we recommend completely setting up your DVR+ (CM-7500) before connecting the Wi-Fi adapter to your DVR+(CM-7500).
- Connect your antenna, power cable and HDMI cable between your television and DVR+.
- The DVR+ (CM-7500) will walk you through the set-up including scanning for local channels.
- Once the DVR+ (CM-7500) is set up and you have a live TV channel displayed on your screen, now plug in your USB Wi-Fi adapter to one of the open USB ports on the back of the DVR+ (CM-7500).
- A few seconds after the Wi-Fi adapter is plugged in the DVR+ (CM-7500), your DVR+ will recognize the Wi-Fi adapter and walk you through the setup of your Wi-Fi network connection.
- Select your network name, and type in your password.
- Once connected to your network, you can check to make sure the connection is strong between your DVR+ (CM-7500) and in-home network.
- Press Menu>Settings>Network Setup>Wireless Setup>Scan, this meter towards the bottom of the screen should be all green and not fluctuating. If you are seeing the meter fluctuate then you may need to use a USB extension cable to position your WIFI adapter for optimum signal reception.
Also be certain that both Wireless Connection Status and Internet Connection Status both say Connected .
In the event that you've already plugged in your USB Wi-Fi before plugging in and finishing the setup wizard and you are having issues getting the adapter set-up, please unplug your Wi-Fi adapter and try doing a factory reset by going to Menu>Settings>Factory Reset. Once you start the factory reset, then follow steps 2-4 as listed above.