There are many things that can cause a recording to fail, typically a recording will fail because of another occurrence with the DVR+(CM-7500). See examples below.
- Lost signal or Poor signal at the time of the recording.
- Power Outage at the time of the recording.
- Someone stopped the event because of a conflict watching a different program.
- You set a name based recording and the name of the event changed.
- The DVR+(CM-7500) was performing a software update or in the reboot process at the time of the recording.
- The hard drive was in initialization mode at the time of the recording.
- If you lose internet connection for several days guide data will switch from Internet delivered to broadcaster delivered and this may or may not cause the recording to fail.
99% of the time, a missed recording does not represent and issue with the DVR+(CM-7500). Please confirm none of the above scenarios are causing your recordings to fail before contacting customer service.