Click the link and follow the steps below to download and install the current DVR+(CM-7500) software:
Current Release 135R (11/28/2017)
Past Release: 134R (5/10/2016)
Past Release: 132R (1/7/2016)
Past Releases: 124R (6/11/2015)
Past Releases: 114R (11/21/2014)
Past Releases: 111R (9/15/2014)
Past Releases: 108R (5/21/2014)
To Manually Update your DVR+(CM-7500) Software Please Follow These Steps:
- Click on the link above to download the .str file to your computer
a. Depending upon your computer, this file may automatically go to your
b. If after the software file download, you get a dialog box asking
something like 'Do you want to Open or Save(Save To) 135R....' do not
choose Open. You want to save the file to your desktop or a folder of your choice.
- Transfer the .str file to an EMPTY USB memory stick.
IMPORTANT: Make sure there are no other files on the USB memory stick. Do not rename the .str file or place it in a folder. A 2GB to 8GB USB memory stick works the best. However, we have heard of some customers that had to change USB memory sticks in order to successfully update the DVR+.
- Physically disconnect your Wi-Fi adaptor and/or external hard drive(If you are using either).
- While viewing live TV, insert the USB memory stick with the .str file into one of the USB ports on the back of the DVR+(CM7500).
- When the DVR+(CM-7500) recognizes the software file, you will see a popup on your TV screen notifying you that you are about to update your software and then you will want to select confirm.
- When the update has completed(About 4 minutes), you can physically remove the USB Memory Stick.
Although not required, we do suggest a factory reset after updating software. Complete this while the external hard drive and/or Wi-Fi adaptor is still disconnected. Find that instruction here.
You can find the Quick Start Guide and complete User Guide here.