Errors A602, A615, intermittent signal loss messages, low signal on the signal strength bar, intermittent black screens, pixels, blocks in video, audio pops.
The CM-7000PAL DVR does not detect any digital signal to the converter box. This can be caused by poor weather, damaged cable, misaligned antenna, malfunctioning equipment, or major changes in the home such as new roof, new carpeting, etc.
You can avoid signal loss issues by ensuring they have a correctly pointed antenna, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.
Do not get on your roof and adjust the antenna.
1. Are the current weather conditions clear, no worse than usual, or bad in the customers area?
Verifying good current weather conditions eliminates any rain fade or snow fade issues. It also eliminates any issues of strong winds blowing the antenna or blowing branches in front of the antenna.
Verifying good recent weather conditions eliminates most chances of water in cable connections or blown over branches in front of the antenna, a possible antenna blown off of its' mount, or damage to the antenna due to debris or lightning strike.
Rain fade causes any off-air system to lose some of its normal signal level. Do not expect to lose signal every time it rains, though. Rain outage only occurs during the heaviest rains with only a small portion of the transmission path experiencing the issue.
Signal will return once the bad weather has passed. This is normal for any system that receives signal from an antenna. You have completed the troubleshooting.
Clear/No worse than usual weather
2. Does the CM-7000PAL have good non-fluctuating signal strength (60 pts or better) on the affected channels?
3. Unplug the CM-7000PAL DVR from the AC electrical outlet, plug the CM-7000PAL DVR back in and power it on.
4. Inspect all connections between the CM-7000PAL DVR and the antenna. Verify there are no loose connections or damage to the cables, diplexers, splitters, and antenna.
5. If the problem persists please contact us or a local independent retailer for additional assistance.
6. Do you have another CM-7000PAL or CM-7000PAL DVR on the account?
We recommend an appropriate antenna selection, a more suitable mounting location of the antenna, and optimal tuning of the antenna to the broadcast tower.
7. Unplug the CM-7000PAL DVR from the AC electrical outlet, plug the CM-7000PAL DVR back in and power it on.
8. Inspect all connections between the CM-7000PAL DVR and the antenna. Verify there are no loose connections or damage to the cables, diplexers, splitters, and antenna.
9. If the problem persists please contact us or a local independent retailer for additional assistance.