Press the 0 button on the remote control and watch the HD/SD button on the remote. If the remote is functioning correctly, HD/SD button will light up when the 0 button is pressed. (Or any button on the remote.)
- If the HD/SD button on the remote didn’t flash, this typically suggests that the batteries are low or they are installed incorrectly. In this case, we suggest that you check that the batteries are installed correctly and replace them if necessary. Please remember to match the flat side of the battery to the spring side in the remote.
- If some buttons work and others do not, then it is very likely that the remote is bad or damaged. Very often, when liquids are spilled on a remote, it will eventually travel to the underside to the rubber button sheet. Once the PCB is contaminated by a liquid, the remote needs to be replaced.
- If the HD/SD button flashes when the “0” button is pressed, this means that your batteries are installed correctly, and your remote is functioning properly.
- Now that it is confirmed that the remote itself is functioning, next check if the green light on the front of the CM7001 flashes when the “0” button is pushed. If the green light on the front panel flashes when the "0" button is pressed, this suggests that the CM7001 is receiving the command from the remote control.
- Most digital cameras will see/process IR light. Hold the remote up to the lens of your digital camera and press the 0 button. (Or any button on the remote)
- If the HD/SD button does not light up, it is possible that something is blocking or interfering with the remote signal. Check to make sure nothing is blocking the path between the remote and the front of the CM7001. It is also possible that sunlight or a bright interior light is shining directly onto the front of the CM7001, which stops the CM7001 from seeing the remote signal. If direct light is shining on the front of the CM7001, it may be necessary to reorient the CM7001, or otherwise block the light from hitting the front of the CM7001.
- If you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and your CM7001 will still not respond to the remote control, please contact Channel Master Technical support for help.